04D /03N LOS ARRIEROS ROUTE– FROM $429 USD
PEREIRA/APIA/POTOSI LAKE/AGUA BONITA
4 Days / 3 Nights
This plan covers an entire territory that was once of vital importance both for the indigenous and farmers communities that traveled through the Apia territories in their transit from and to Choco, and the Cauca Valley, as well as for the Spanish colonizers and paisas some time later.
This is a fascinating transition zone between the Cultural Coffee Landscape and the Biogeographic Choco and species from both ecosystems can be found.
Is the perfect plan for active people that enjoy biking, hiking and being outdoors, that are looking to get off the radar, and get the most authentic sharing with locals in a different location of the Coffee Region.
Day 1: Biking to 2000 meter above sea level - Cloud forest - Swim in natural water
The bicycle tour begins from Apia to the Pan-American highway that goes towards the choco, reaching the top at 2000 meters above sea level passing through the palm gorge and we continue the ascent to the Cuchilla de Potosi, a cloud forest area, a privileged area for the bird observation, where a traditional snack awaits us and a visit to the forest of colors (seven leather) to continue to the summit of the Laguna de Potosi (2,150 masl) and the views of morroazul from where you can see the Tatama National Natural Park, The Apia Valley and Risalrada.
Traditional Lunch “Fiambre” awaits for us in the viewpoint to later, begin our descent through an old indigenous road where a river of clean water will be waiting for us for a well-deserved rest. Finally we will enter a canon with narrow walls to make a sighting of the “Gallito de Roca” species and then go to our final destination of the day, a typical farm in the Candelaria sector where we will stay at night enjoying the Tejo (National sport of Colombia), observation of stars, bonfire and myths and legends of the region told by the locals.
Day 2: Walk the Aguabonita micro- basin - Sugar cane process Experience - Fishing our dinner
After breakfast we will go in Jepp to our next destination, the upper part of the Aguabonita micro-basin to start the walk where we could make bird warnings and get to know the "patudo tree” characteristic for its roots raised from the ground that form a space to cross in the center.
During this day we could experience the process of panela (subject to availability), get to know the architecture of one of the best preserved houses in the area accompanied by a snack and a good coffee and do sport fishing for tilapia, which we will later prepare for dinner
Back to Apia, installation in an urban hotel and cultural night for Apia's coffee shops and architecture.
Day 3: Biking to La Popa waterfalls - Beekeeping experience
We start our day by bicycle, taking a tour from Apia, passing the La Popa waterfalls, to arrive at Finca la Playita, a coffee farm that has a Nature Reserve where we will make a visit to Beekeeping. There you will learn the habits of the Bees, their community life and importance in the ecosystem, internal structure of the hive, basic notions of beekeeping and home trials for the quality of honey, and a gift of honey and pollen.
Once the tour is finished we will take the vehicle that will take us back to Apia where the services will end.
- Transportation and accompaniment in Jeep during the duration of the tour from and to Apia
- Bicycle and helmet kit
- Accommodation 02 nights typical farm
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- 2 traditional snacks every day
- Hydration system (carry your bottle)
- Waterproof layer in case of rain
- Guide interpreter of the region in Spanish and basic English (Consult the plan in another language with an additional cost)
- All the activities mentioned in the plan
- Tastings and gifts at places of experiential visits
- Medical assistance
- International flights
- Wear light and comfortable clothes (dry-fit, cotton shirt, shorts) for the day
- Warm clothes for the evening
- Closed footwear with good grip and hard sole
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption before the trip
- Avoid consuming alcohol during the tour
- Cap, sunscreen, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent and bonicular
- Personal medicines
- If you are pregnant or have any health condition, consult your doctor before taking the tour
- This is a tour that can be adapted for the enjoyment of families with young children, ask us how.