Laguna del Otun to Santa Isabel
Maximum height: 4720 m.sn.m
Route: Pereira – Laguna Otun- Cisne- Snowy Santa Isabel 8k - Pereira
- Transfer from and to the hotel
- Personal costs
Day 1: Collected at 4:00 am from the hotel traveling 3 1/2 hours in a 4x4 vehicle until we reach the point for breakfast. Then the entrance to the PNNN will be made and start the trek to the viewpoint of the otun lagoon where you will be able to see the incredible landscape of the paramo and the most important wetland of the Los Nevados national park.
You will return along the same road until you reach the vehicle, which will lead the highest mountain refuge in all of Colombia: The Swan located at 4130 meters above sea level where you can enjoy a healthy traditional diet and comfortable rooms that have heating in the rooms and hot water in the bathrooms, besides being in one of the most impressive places that you have seen.
Day 2: After breakfast, the tour will begin to hike to the snowy Santa Isabel, for 50 minutes to the conejera semndero and approximately 2.5 hours of ascent to the summit. To return you will take the same path to take the vehicle that will take us to the lunch area and then back to the city.
- not suitable for children under 10 years old
- not suitable for people with heart problems, blood pressure or severe respiratory problems
- not suitabel for pregnant women
- Do not consume liquor before and during the tour
- Coat (Jacket, raincoat, gloves, hat, scarf)
- Good grip shoes and hard sole
- Sleeping and sleepwear
- The days before the ascent consume foods with caloric content: Peanut, sandwich, chocolate etc
- Bring cereal bars and snacks
The coffee zone isn’t just coffee. It is also of mountains and powerful snow peaks that invite an unforgettable hiking experience. Get to know the Laguna del Otun, Pereira's main water source, and reach the top of Santa Isabel's snowy place, a sacred place, it was called by the natives “Poleka kasue” which means “Maiden of the Mountain”